Saturday, March 7, 2015

DIY Dream catcher

Supplies:
embroidery hoop
8-12 different ribbon or trim
paint
doily
scissors
sponge brush
hot glue gun or yarn (to attach doily to hoop)

This is the supply of cool ribbon I got for my oldest daughters dream catcher...coral and sea foam blue room:

I actually ripped the screw part of the embroidery hoop and popped the 2 hoops apart to make 2 different ones- one for each daughter of course!! Painted my little Lorelei's hoop purple for her hippie crazy colored room :) I use acrylic paint because there's a million different shades, its cheap and it dries lightning fast:

Next cut all that ribbon!! I cut it anywhere from 10-16" to make a more dramatic fun fringe:

Now just double knot the ribbon into the hoop-easy peasy:

Walaa!

Final step is to place the doily in the middle of the hoop- in the picture below i tied it around the edges with colorful yarn... Loreleis finished catcher:

Or if you wish I used a hot glue gun and glued around all edges for my sweet Laila Rae!


I am giving these to my gals as an Easter gift.  I love giving handmade things rather than a simple store bought item ;) I hope this inspires you and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment