Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tack holder with a new purpose

So my momma my friend Kelli and I threw our kidos in the truck and made our way to go find some old barn goodies a few Fridays back.  I found what most people would consider a bright red piece of crap that needs thrown away aaaand gave the guy $20 for it...



Can't you see the potential?! Anyways I took this beast apart as soon as I got home and the hubs and I decided to try to strip all the disgusting red paint off of the actual hooks themselves.  About 36 hours and 4 coats of paint later we threw in the towel and called "Papa" aka Shaun's dad to come to the rescue.  The next day they were back to their original amazing glory!




I am a very thrifty (cheap) person that likes to save anything I can because of the thought and or story behind it- So I decided since the front of the wood slab was so far gone I flipped that sucker over and gave it a quick sand.  It didn't look bad at all so I decided to give it a white washed look.




From here I sanded it just a pinch more to bring out some of the cool wood grain from the old wood:


Perfect right!!!?
Then I positioned the hooks and screwed them back into place! Oh, and found some way cool mugs to display on them. 


Project Complete!!!





Before / After 



Thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment